Why wouldn’t you stuff donuts with Ferrero Rochers?
Ingredients- Makes 6 donuts
- 6 Ferrero Rochers
- 200g strong white bread flour
- 25g unsalted butter
- 7g dried active yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar (plus 1 tsp. and more to coat)
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
The road to deliciousness
- Activate the yeast by putting in a bowl with 75ml of water and 1 tsp. of caster sugar and leave for 15 minutes until the mixture froths.
- Pour flour and 1tbsp. caster sugar into bowl. Using your fingers work the butter into the mixture and then add the activated yeast. Mix together with fingers and add beaten egg. Knead with your hands until mixture becomes less sticky and forms into a ball of dough on a well floured surface (keep flouring surface if the dough sticks.)
- Once dough is no longer sticky, leave covered in bowl for an hour and a half.
- Take dough out and separate into 6 balls of dough and leave for another 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 180°c.
- Push one Ferrero Rocher into each ball of dough and ensure it is covered fully by the dough.
- Place the donuts onto an oiled baking tray, with enough room for them to expand. Put in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and roll in icing sugar with a splash of water and then caster sugar to coat.