I hosted a fajita party recently and had some wraps left over to use up and was trying to think of something other than fajitas! I have never made enchiladas before so I thought I would give them a try using some of the vegetables I had in my fridge. These are delicious heated up the next day as well.
- 5 tortilla wraps
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 courgette
- 1/2 aubergine
- 2 spring onions
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 can of black beans
- large handful of spinach
- 2 chopped chillies
- 1 tbsp. smoked paprika
- 150g grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Enchilada Sauce or Homemade tomato sauce
- guacamole/ sour cream/ salsa to serve
The road to deliciousness
- Cut sweet potato, courgettes and aubergine into cubes and place in oiled baking tray. Add chopped celery and spring onions. Sprinkle with paprika and put in oven at 180c for 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse black beans and put into a bowl with chillies and spices.
- Wilt spinach for around one minute in pan. Cut up spinach and add to bowl.
- Once the vegetables are softened, add to bowl. Add half the cheddar cheese and some of your enchilada sauce. Stir ingredients together.
- Fill each wrap with the contents of the bowl and wrap up like you would a fajita. Place them in a baking tray so they are nice and tightly pressed together. Top with the rest of the enchilada sauce and cheese. Put back in oven for around 20 minutes.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream and salsa.