The perfect weekend brunch. Omelette and grilled halloumi,
served with a tangy sauce that will kickstart your day!
Ingredients (Serves two)
2 English Muffins, cut in half
200g Halloumi – sliced
1 tsp. Mixed Herbs
2 tsps. Mustard
Handful of Spinach
The Road to Deliciousness
- Lightly toast the muffins under the grill (they’ll be toasted again later)
- Put the slices of halloumi in a frying pan and fry each side until golden (you do not need any oil in the pan.)
- To make the omelette: Crack eggs into bowl, beat and add herbs. Put some oil in your frying pan and the egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon or spatula pull the cooking egg to the middle of the pan and pour the still runny egg into the gaps in pan. Continue to do this until the egg mixture is no longer runny. Then fold the omelette in half in the frying pan.
- Whilst omelette is cooking. Make the sauce…
- Grate the lime and then squeeze the juice into a bowl. Add the mustard and diced chilli. Blend until consistent (spreadable without being too runny).
- Spread half the mixture onto the muffins and place back under the grill for a minute (or until ready)
- Once cooked, add omelette to toasted muffin and glaze with remaining mixture. Serve with a couple of spinach leaves.